International Handball Federation (IHF) President Hassan Moustafa has said it is of "major importance" for the entire handball industry that the Men’s World Championship take place in January - and Chile and the United States are set to be in action.
Egypt is scheduled to host the World Championship from January 13 to 31.
A total of 32 teams are set to participate in the event, which will be held in a "bubble concept" to mitigate the risks of the coronavirus pandemic.
Moustafa said it "should be emphasised again that the financial situation of the IHF is healthy and financial revenue is the last reason for this competition to be held".
The IHF President stressed that the tournament was key for the whole sport, citing players, coaches, officials and national federations.
"The core of handball, the athletes, have been deprived of playing the sport they love for several months.
"It has been a physically and mentally challenging time as their aim must be to keep on training, to stay healthy.
"Professional players live on practicing handball.
"Therefore, it is of utmost importance to keep the sport going, not only in the national leagues but also on a global level.
"Not holding the World Championship would mean an enormous loss of visibility for them.
"The main income of coaches is handball as well – they should be on court with their team.
"Referees should be active but have not been officiating for almost a year.
"National Federation activities came to a stop; Egypt 2021 provides an opportunity to relaunch the activities and refuel the energy.
"For the entire handball industry, it is of major importance to stage the 27th IHF Men’s World Championship.
"From TV to sponsors to different audiences, each stakeholder benefits from the organisation of the event in a different way."
The IHF last month announced a safety plan for the tournament.
This included providing information on COVID-19 to teams, maintaining social distancing and ensuring national governing bodies are responsible before travelling by taking tests and isolating, as well as the appointment of numerous medical officers for the tournament.
There will be mandatory testing every 72 hours to detect any outbreaks, hand sanitiser and masks will be readily available, transportation will be monitored closely and accommodation will be regularly disinfected.